Geneva: A reliable and solid framework for launching an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
If you are looking for a reliable and solid structure, supported by the government, to launch an ICO, Geneva should be at the top of the list of your choice.
Switzerland is already well established with ICOs and continues to position itself as a leader in the cryptocurrency sector.
ICO Guide (Initial Coin Offerings) in the Canton of Geneva
On 28 May 2018, the Directorate-General for Economic Development, Research and Innovation (DG DERI) published a guide for ICOs in the Canton of Geneva.
The purpose of this guide is to qualify ICO projects and to accompany them in their installation in Geneva.
It allows ICO initiators to submit a request for review of their ICO project by the authorities of the Canton of Geneva.
The Geneva ICO guide contains::
- Regulatory categories of tokens by FINMA (payment tokens, utility tokens or investment tokens). This distinction allows the founders of the ICO to determine whether the ICO is subject to securities laws, money laundering (AML) or KYC requirements. It should be noted that some tokens may be hybrids and their classification may vary over time.
- VAT liability (federal law). The applicable VAT rules vary according to the qualification of the tokens
- General tax treatment of tokens by the Cantonal Tax Administration of Geneva (AFCGE).
- Qualification criteria
- Qualification process
- Cartography of the Geneva ecosystem
Accompaniment and evaluation of your ICO project in Geneva
In view of this recent development, we can conclude that Geneva is an ideal place to receive support and evaluation of ICO projects.
The canton also offers quality infrastructure, a favorable tax environment and a competent crypto-enthusiastic ecosystem.
What can we do for you for your ICO project?
– Setting up of your legal structure in Switzerland
– Providing you with a legal address in the center of Geneva
– Conference room, secretary
– Tax Status Negotiation – Ruling
– Dealing with all regulatory issues with FINMA
– Preparation of the application to be examined by Geneva experts
– Coordination with the Geneva ecosystem (lawyers, banks, etc.)
– Accounting, work permits, payroll, statutory audit
You want to create your ICO in Geneva? Contact us today and we will be happy to provide you with a free quote.
The Blog Goldenvisa.ch is run by Fiduciaire Bleich Sàrl, expert in accounting, taxes, domiciliation and management of Swiss companies
Disclaimer: The information contained in this document is not guaranteed or exhaustive and is provided for informational purposes only. They should not be considered as investment / trading advice. All information is believed to come from reliable sources. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this analysis and will not be held responsible for any loss